Saturday's come and gone


Oopss…Forgot to post my Saturday blog. Sorry about that. It was quite cool saturday morning. The themometer was reading 37 degrees when we left. Mike dropped me off at Luke’s and left go to run some errands. Clara didn’t show up but Kelly was there. It was good to see her. We started off down the greenbelt trails and over the bridge. I ran the first two times with the entire group, but then had to walk a bit more than the rest. However, I didn’t let that stop me from running here and there. I was happy with how well I did. Yes, it is behind everyone else but this isn’t a competition! I couldn’t figure out how to get my foot pod to read with my garmin…so I only tracked my time and heart rate. My max heart rate was around 173, so I know I was pushing it. According to my nike+ I went over 2.5 miles.

I got back to the “yoga” area about the same time as everyone else. In my rush to get out of the house on time I forgot to grab my mat. Thankfully we didn’t do a lot of stretches that required us being on the ground. A couple of the other ladies forgot their mats too so they just moved to the side and didn’t do any of the stretching but were sniggering at me because I was shaking like a leaf for the plank pose. Somewhat ticked me off…I kept thinking “well, get your butt down here and let’s see how you do”. But, I managed to keep my temper under control and didn’t say a word to anyone.

Mike picked me up and we headed back to the house. It was a gorgeous day and I was looking forward to spending some quality time with my Dad. I put the groceries away, jumped in the shower, and was getting ready to post my exercise when Dad pulled up the driveway. He came in and said “hi” to Mike, then we were off for the Woodlands’ Waterway. (I’ll be a posting a detailed description of the waterway, complete with pictures, on my other blog. I’ll put the link up here when I’m done if you’re interested!). We popped into Huddle & Hudson again and I guess since it was Saturday they had all sorts of samples out. Dad loves him some free samples! So we walked around, tried some of their goodies, and then left. He was wanting to see what all had been added since they had moved. I explained that there were a few stores that had closed down and just a few more than had opened.

We stopped for lunch at Goose’s Acre where I ate a big juicy, cheesy burger. I didn’t eat most of my fries…which probably didn’t save a lot of calories in the long run! After we finished dinner, we walked down the waterway to Market Square and looked around there a bit. We stopped at Johnny Rockets for a drink (ok…I had a strawberry shake). Then we walked the waterway back down to where we parked. I finally got my Garmin to read my footpod. We walked a total of 2.7 miles round trip. I think it may have been a little too much for Dad. He was limping a little bit. He had worked out that morning as well, so I know he was probably stiff.

I couldn’t have asked for better weather. We spent some quality time together and caught up on things. I don’t get to see my parents as often as I would like, so it’s always nice to see them. My Uncle Mark and cousin Cody came by our house to visit with Dad for a bit before he left. He flies back to NC on Wednesday. Thankfully, I’ll be following him up there on Saturday! I will be spending a week with my parents and will be able to see my nephews, brother and sis-in-law. I can’t wait! Yes, I still plan on getting my exercise in and will do my best to eat properly as well. My mother always has a lot of junk food in the house for the boys when they come. It’ll be a challenge.

We are going to the Farmer’s Market and I can’t wait! I plan on trying to get a bunch of goodies to make dinner that night. Nothing like locally grown produce for a yummy meal! I’m not sure how often I’ll be able to post to my blogs, but I’ll try to keep on top of them. I will take my netbook with me.


One response »

  1. Alright, you just made me salivate for a nice, cheeseburger. Mmmm! My husband and I are going back home at the end of May for a visit and we’re trying to figure out how we’re going to get some exercise in. I may do what I did when we went away for Christmas and take my yoga mat with me and my kettlebell and be sure and walk a lot. I hope I don’t totally blow it while I’m down there!

Whatcha Think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s