Feelin’ Stronger


Today was a CrossFit day, as most Tuesdays and Thursdays are. This Tuesday started off quite bad. I got news that my Grandfather passed then literally 2 minutes after I got off the phone with my Dad we had a flat tire on a very busy intersection of two major freeways. EEEKK….That flat tire ended up costing quite a bit of money. We had to replace the rim, even though we didn’t drive long on it, and get 4 new tires.

I was looking forward to tonight’s workout. As I had mentioned before, it’s a great way to focus the mind. Today’s workout started with  muscle up practice again. Oh, and we had two new people visiting for their first workout (Leighann and AJ). After the muscle ups we did a quick 200 meter run. The WOD was 4 rounds for time (as fast as possible) of: 10 wall climbs, 10 pull ups (jumping), and 20 box jumps (step ups). My first question was “What are wall climbs?” Well, they were exactly like they sound. You start in a push up form then walk your feet up the wall while walking your arms back so your body is as close to up and down as possible, then walk back out. That’s 1! Normally, I do modified hand stands so Shane assumed I’d do the modified version as well, but I wanted to try it. I got up there pretty good, but not straight up and down. I was only able to get my feet up high, but not walk my hands back. Shane asked what I thought so I told him I was going to do it.

Source: Adrenalin Productions

It was tough. I was huffing and puffing through the whole thing. The wall climbs were tough and by rounds 3 and 4 it was getting really hard to get back up there. My quads were killing me. But, I pushed through and knocked out all 4 rounds in 15:00 minutes (3.75 minutes a round). I was happy of my time. Tonight, I actually felt stronger. I think next time I will try to do the actual box jumps instead of step ups.

The new people did the first round then stopped. Shane said “Um..y’all still have 3 more rounds.” To which they were aghast! However, they both did a good job pushing through it. After everyone was done, we did a Tabata round of squats. The first 2 rounds I got 11 squats in, the 3-5th round I got 9, then the last round I tried to get back to 11 but ended up with 10. My legs were trashed after the previous 4 rounds and the Tabata squats. I’ll be feeling it tomorrow! I hope the new couple come back, but I don’t think the guy was too enthused with the experience. In fact, he pretty much stopped doing the squats after the first four rounds.

Alen did a great job. He really pushed through and gave it his all. He is such a beast on all of these workouts.

After the workout, I had some strawberries and blueberries on the way home then some chicken sausage for dinner. I ended up with 1500 calories which is great!


2 responses »

    • I seem to notice little changes here and there, like my knee flab (flab on the side of the knee) is smaller and my lumpy hips aren’t quite as lumpy, but my clothes still seem to fit the same. So, maybe I’m imagining them! However, I do have more arm muscle. I can see some definite toning in the mirror and my “bat wings” are almost gone!

Whatcha Think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s